Old May 9th 16, 01:00 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Train driver ethnicity

On Mon, 09 May 2016 14:19:12 +0200
Steve Hayes wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2016 08:51:22 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Mon, 09 May 2016 07:29:59 +0100
Martin Edwards wrote:
On 5/8/2016 11:07 AM, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Sun, 8 May 2016 02:38:52 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...too-many-white

n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small. As for his being racist,

Seriously? You ever been on a london bus and seen the driver?

I drove buses in London, though it was a long time ago.

In the garage where I was based (Brixton), about a third were English,
a third Irish and a third West Indian, and when any of those groups
were talking among themselves I couldn't understand a word they said.

You couldn't understand the english ones either? Were they speaking in rhyming
slang or something?

--
Spud