Old May 9th 16, 02:37 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Train driver ethnicity

wrote:
On Mon, 09 May 2016 14:19:12 +0200
Steve Hayes wrote:

I drove buses in London, though it was a long time ago.

In the garage where I was based (Brixton), about a third were English,
a third Irish and a third West Indian, and when any of those groups
were talking among themselves I couldn't understand a word they said.

You couldn't understand the english ones either? Were they speaking in rhyming
slang or something?

I am occasionally unable to understand my colleagues when they converse in
Deepest Bristolian...

Anna Noyd-Dryver