Old May 9th 16, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Mayor Sadiq

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 15:30:53 on Mon, 9 May 2016, Recliner
remarked:
As we have no commercial product definition for the "Hopper Ticket" it
is impossible to say whether the technology currently on buses and in
central systems can support the new product. I could speculate in all
sorts of ways as to how it could work but there'd be no point. My
only observation would be that I can't see that it will be a "quick
fix" issue taking only weeks to introduce.

If it's based on the current hardware, then an "hourly cap" would seem
to fit the bill, and the Oyster daily capping software is already in
place (isn't it?)

Yes, the logic for an hourly cap seems simple enough, although I suppose
there's bound to be some strange edge cases.

Given that he also promises to freeze fares, I wonder how he plans to make
up the revenue loss?

Stuffing ever more passengers onto the existing buses and tubes?