Old May 10th 16, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Mayor Sadiq

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2016 19:53:20 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 17:45:25 on
Mon, 9 May 2016, Paul Corfield remarked:

an hourly cap works *provided* you don't care about whether people can
make a return journey for a single fare within 1 hour. If you do care
about that then the checking logic becomes very complex indeed.

Notwithstanding you go on to say some administrations seek to ban that,
I doubt if the Mayor has mixed such a thing into his promise.

The only place I recall permission plus a limit (maybe an hour, I don't
remember) on multiple trips - which includes their Metro as well as
buses - is Brussels and I don't think that has an anti-return or
anti-circular-trip mechanism.

The 1 hour Hopper ticket launches in September.

https://twitter.com/BBCTomEdwards/st...59297308823552

As I expected TfL have obviously been working away in the background
so there's a quick win delivery of part of the manifesto.

Good work. I guess they could read the opinion polls just like everyone
else, and realised very early on that Sadiq was the likely winner and they
should be helping him with one of his key pledges.

I did notice that in one of his victory speeches he was fulsome in his
praise for the police and fire services, but just said that he looked
forward to working with TfL. He's also on the record as saying how flabby
and wasteful it is:

"Fares don’t have to keep going up like this.

Because at the same time as fares have gone up, TfL has become more and
more bloated.
They simply haven’t had to make the efficiency savings that other parts of
the public sector have had to in recent years.

Did you know - they pay 450 staff more than £100,000 a year.

They spend £383 million a year on consultants and agency workers – which
has more than doubled under Boris Johnson.

They wasted £900 million on the tube signalling contract disaster with
Bombardier.

And they bizarrely still have entirely separate engineering operations for
underground and surface transport - which wastes hundreds of millions of
pounds on two sets of overheads, backroom functions and procurement.
So TfL is flabby.

And it’s not acceptable."

From
http://www.sadiq.london/i_ll_be_the_...ore_affordable