Old May 13th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Croxley Link progress

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In article , Boltar
writes
Am I the only person who can't see the point of this link?

If they want the tube to go to Watford Junction why not just re-extend
the bakerloo line? Its a logical and direct route, whereas this
extension couldn't be more round the houses if it tried. Why on earth
would someone want to travel almost out to buckinghamshire to go around
in a semi circle just to travel to watford junction?

Curiously, some people don't start their journeys in London.

This isn't aimed at the people living or working in London (who can use
the Silverlink trains already). It's for those who live in Pinner and
Rickmansworth and Buckinghamshire who want to get to Watford shops or
the WCML trains.

So why is it being built by Transport for London?

tom

--
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson.