Old May 11th 16, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default New Thameslink indicators

On 2016-05-09 21:24:26 +0000, Peter Lawrence said:

The minimal information provided for later departures needs
improvement. The Bedfords illustrated are alternately "all stations"
and "limited stops" umtil afetr midnight - some way of indicating this
should be devised.

However I am pleased to report that the message "Stand Clear- Not for
Public Use" was displayed clearly! Pity the train concerned was a
normal service. (Regulars will recognise this as a late evening game
played occasionally by the operators.)

They do look better than the very 1980s looking LCD ones there
previously. But I would prefer they just showed "on time" or "Exptd
NN:NN" rather than the countdown.

Neil
--
Neil Williams