Old May 11th 16, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Mayor Sadiq

wrote in message ...
On Wed, 11 May 2016 11:53:49 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:32:49AM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

The 1 hour Hopper ticket launches in September.

https://twitter.com/BBCTomEdwards/st...59297308823552

As I expected TfL have obviously been working away in the background
so there's a quick win delivery of part of the manifesto.

I'll believe it when TfL say it. It's far too common for a reporter to
misunderstand something and report a great deal more than the facts.

Of course, if it does happen as reported, then TfL must have been
working on it before Khan's election, which means that this is something
that Johnson can take the credit for :-)

It wouldn't even be TfL working on it - it'll be Cubic or whoever their
supplier is these days and seems to me its a pretty simple update to the
bus card readers. If time now - last time card used 1 hour then don't
charge. I'd be amazed if its more than a couple of lines of code.

No idea why it will take september to roll it out - is updating the reader
software an involved task that requires buses being out of service for a
long
period?

A bigger problem is that controlling such an update is (relatively)
expensive

you don't do it for one piddly little feature change, you schedule them for
once a year (or so) and add a dozen other new features at the same time

tim