Old May 14th 16, 08:43 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recliner[_3_] View Post
New mayor Sadiq has announced that he will launch a formal policy
consultation in a matter of weeks on a major package of measures to tackle
air pollution in London.
I don't use buses much so I'm ignorant about the routes
and the use of them. I know that numerous buses run along
Oxford Street and clog up that road, but I don't know where
they go to, how heavily they are used and what percentage
of passengers travel right through Oxford Strret and beyond.

So, I have a question for the bus experts here. Is it a feasible
option a) to re-diagram bus routes so that bus journeys begin
and end at Marble Arch or New Oxford Street/St. Giles Circus
so that those buses do not travel along Oxford Street at all,
and b) design a hybrid trolley bus with a small petrol engine,
and run a trolley bus shuttle service along Oxford Street - with
overhead wiring installed of course - using the petrol engine
only to move the bus to and from the bus depot?

Feel free to shoot me down in flames.