Old May 14th 16, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Sadiq's proposed new anti-pollution measures

On Sat, 14 May 2016 13:05:24 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message 2016051411282448156-email@domaincom, at 11:28:24 on Sat, 14
May 2016, eastender remarked:
•Extending the Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) to the North Circular Road
and the South Circular Road and the possibility of bringing forward the
introduction earlier than 2020. Under current plans the ULEZ will only
operate within the Congestion Charging Zone and it is due to come in from
2020.

This will affect a large number of cars in poorer areas I reckon. I
guess it has to happen though. I think it will knock out our car, a
2005 Volvo, a petrol model that has many thousands of miles left in it
and is no smoky diesel.

The TfL site is astonishingly opaque regarding what cars are allowed or
not. They can't even be bothered to install a query based on
numberplate.

It appears to say that Euro 6 diesel cars must be less than 5years old,
but doesn't mention any of the former Euro ratings.

They won't be allowed in free at all. What they mean is that when the
rule comes in, only diesels under five years old will be given free
admission, and that was when the Euro 6 standard became mandatory.