Old May 20th 16, 07:26 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Jet[_4_] View Post
On 2016\05\19 18:03, Robin9 wrote:

Thank you for that. What is strange is that there was no
announcement warning passengers that Gospel Oak would
be avoided. I imagine someone unfamiliar with the train -
someone like me! - would board, assuming all the usual stops
would be made. Gospel Oak is one the three stations where
large numbers of people alight.

Not because they want Gospel Oak but because they want to change onto
the westbound NLL...
Oh yes, although some head eastbound towards Kentish
Town and Camden. The three stations on the line where
large numbers board and alight are Gospel Oak, Blackhorse
Road and Barking; the three stations where you can change
trains.

I find it appalling that politicians and "transport experts" have
not grasped the implications of this: that in London the orbital
rail routes are used to a great extent as an adjunct to other
lines and that to maximise the potential of these orbital routes,
any new rail routes built in London must connect with them.

The latest ideas for Crossrail 2 do not suggest connections with
North London's orbital rail services; such is the expertise of the
"experts."