Old May 24th 16, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Night Tube to start on 19 August

In message , at 11:50:14 on
Tue, 24 May 2016, Recliner remarked:
Out of interest, how often are trains cleaned? I assume they are
inspected at least daily for large amounts of errrm soil, but do they
actually get properly cleaned daily?

They get regular walk-through rubbish collections (mainly to pick up
the discarded free Metro and ES copies) during the day, but I don't
know how often they get a proper interior clean.

If it's anything like the GN 365 I was on this morning - annually (if
that). They pick up litter and clean the toilets, but the floor in
particular is disgracefully grubbly - not just ground in dirt, but stuff
that a vacuum would have shifted.