Old May 25th 16, 01:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Val Shawcross deputy mayor for transport

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 24/05/2016 16:58, Recliner wrote:

The new mayor has also announced the appointment of Lord Andrew Adonis
as Chair of Crossrail 2 Limited, the project company set up under
former mayor Boris Johnson to further develop and deliver the capital's
next major rail project.

To me, Valerie Shawcross really stood out as an excellent London
Assembly member. I was a bit surprised when I learnt she was stepping
down from the assembly (or more accurately wasn't in the contest for
2016), but I wonder if her becoming a deputy Mayor was always the
plan if Sadiq won. I wish her well in this new role.

Wasn't she on the GLC before 1986?

--
Colin Rosenstiel