Old May 28th 16, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default GOBLIN 172s: where do they go during their hols?

Peter Smyth wrote:
Recliner wrote:

Aren't the LO and Chiltern 172s more or less identical? So traction
knowledge shouldn't be an issue for Chiltern drivers.

That raises another question: what will the LO GOBLIN drivers be doing
during the shutdown? I know there will be training courses for the
new trains, but what else?

There aren't any dedicated GOBLIN drivers, they all drive class 378s as
well so can be used on other lines.

Ah, I wondered.

It is too early to start training people on the new stock considering
the first train isn't due to arrive for 18 months.

From now, yes, but during the blockade, the time to the new trains will be
down to less than a year. Still too early for training, I guess.