Old May 31st 16, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Which bus has the steepest climb?

On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 09:14:25 UTC+1, Optimist wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 05:43:56 -0700 (PDT), Offramp wrote:

A while ago I got on a bus which went to Mill Hill East. It went up and up and up and up.

But which bus route has the highest vertical climb?

The road from Anerley to Crystal Palace Parade is one of the steepest.

I used to often take the 249, which includes the steep climb past the Rookery, between Streatham and Crown Point. Some buses strain a bit going up that.