Old June 7th 16, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Uber are seeking more drivers!

On 07/06/2016 09:18, d wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 08:42:56 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 06/06/2016 16:57, Robin9 wrote:

Incidentally, apparently in another LBC programme, Sadiq Khan
said he though TfL had made a mistake in giving a licence to
Uber. Did anyone hear that programme?

No - but why was it a mistake, compared to any other minicab type firm?

Because you're essentially hailing a cab on the street rather than pre-booking
it. The fact that hail is via electronic means is neither here nor there.
Its no different to if a minicab firm has its cars driving around waiting for
messages on the radio to go pick up someone nearby.

Or I use that TfL service ("Cabwise") where via electronic means I text
a number which does an electronic lookup to provide a set of minicab
companies who are local to me (and therefore should have cars local to
me), who I can, via electronic means, call to pick me up?