Old June 7th 16, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Uber are seeking more drivers!

"Robin9" wrote in message

While listening to LBC this morning, I was startled by an
advert of behalf of Uber. They were looking for drivers!
I always believed they had more drivers than they needed,
and that their reduction of the drivers' percentage of fares
was a reflection of that.

So why are Uber advertising for drivers? Is that they are
expanding ever more rapidly or is that drivers are deserting
Uber in large numbers?

Incidentally, apparently in another LBC programme, Sadiq Khan
said he though TfL had made a mistake in giving a licence to
Uber.

whether they did on not, they definitely need to enforce the disability
rules against Uber cabs properly

We can argue for as long as you like whether we should, or should not have
these rules, but whilst we do all cabs should be expected to comply equally.

The idea that (some/most) Uber drivers can reduce their costs by only
serving the cheaper customer whilst leaving the higher costs of servicing
disabled people only to black cabs is simply unacceptable.

tim