Old June 8th 16, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Uber are seeking more drivers!

In message , at 08:11:26 on Wed, 8 Jun
2016, d remarked:
Its no different to if a minicab firm has its cars driving around waiting for
messages on the radio to go pick up someone nearby.

Which they are allowed to do, and it is a common use-case for minicabs
outside London.

So they just drive around an area waiting for a radio call to pick someone up?
I doubt that. Even if they did , its still a call from a central dispatch
office, not a direct call from a customer which is the crucial difference.

In my experience they respond to "pick-up" requests (which are
broadcasts, not one-to-one) during the last five to ten minutes of the
trip they are currently engaged on.