Old June 9th 16, 06:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Kahn fares u-turn

Roland Perry wrote:
It is being reported that the "no ifs not buts" transport fares freeze
has en exposed as undeliverable.

Only applying to journeys made exclusively on TfL metals.

I have no idea how they plan to implement that for interavailable trips
like the one I did earlier this week: Kings Cross St Pancras to
Blackfriars, which you can do both by tube and Thameslink (albeit using
different gatelines at both ends).

I presume the freeze will apply only to fares set by TfL. I always assumed
that the freeze would only apply to TfL services, as Khan has no ability to
control non-TfL fares.

I also see he claims to have found enough savings to pay for the first two
years of the freeze, though most of the areas look a bit woolly (apart from
the senior exec pay freeze). For example, reducing agency workers sounds
good, but what happens if you can't replace their presumably valuable
expertise in-house? Do you end up wasting even more money through bad
decisions?

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-rele...s-fares-freeze