Old June 13th 16, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default Khan fares u-turn

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 12:15:42 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2016\06\13 10:07, solar penguin wrote:
On Monday, 13 June 2016 08:59:16 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

e27002 wrote:

It was deceptive to say the least. One wonders how long it will take
Borough of Croydon, and the Royal Borough Kingston-Upon-Thames to realize
that they would be better off as unitary authorities outwith the GLA monolith.

Yes, I'm sure that losing their Freedom Passes would be really popular
among the residents of those boroughs! No doubt, higher tram fares would
also raise a cheer. But I wonder why you cite Croydon, which does have TfL
services, rather than Bromley and Bexley, which don't?

Just to be pedantic: Bromley has TfL London Overground services from
3 stations in the borough.

All boroughs have TfL railways to Central London except

* Sutton, which has trams
* Kingston, which has nothing
* Bexley, which is getting Crossrail at Abbey Wood soon

So the Royal Borough benefits very little from the council taxes and
business rates it contributes to the GLA. A bit like the UK in the EU
really. :-)