Old June 14th 16, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kahn fares u-turn

In message , at 16:08:24 on Tue, 14 Jun
2016, tim... remarked:

There's also likely to be a big shakeup of travel ticketing (will CIV
survive?)

Um, when was the last time anyone (here) bought one of these across a
UK border

Surely almost everyone buys a point-to-point E* ticket.

Plus the UK to StPancras leg, which is often substantially cheaper if
you buy the CIV ticket, especially in the peaks.

I suppose there's the border on the Belfast-Dublin route. Can't
remember what type of ticket I had when I did that

as the whole low-cost flights thing is a result off EU deregulation,
and the allocation of slots is also an EU thing:

Low cost flights are based upon a "modern" business model.

But business models need a regulatory framework within which they exist.
Scrap the framework and there could be trouble ahead.

Whilst slots at airports might play a role at the margins, they aren't
the difference between them existing, or not

They are at places like Heathrow (and UK to other very busy EU hubs).
That's for all flights, not just the low cost ones.