Old May 14th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Solar Penguin Solar Penguin is offline

Default That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Boltar" wrote...

I don't hate LUL staff, in fact I don't even hate this guy though I
believe he's a waste of space. What I do hate is the get-away-with-it
mentality that seems to be prevalent.

Oh, come on. Everyone, everywhere, has done a sickie at some time in their
lives. Big deal. What's so special about this guy that suddenly, for the
first time iever, it becomes a bad thing? Why is it Ok for us to do it to
our employers but not Ok for him to do it to LUL?

I've been called a troll (uk.transport.london speak for
someone who actually had an opinion and doesn't
just bleat along in time with the rest of the sheep)

Please, I've been around on various Usenet groups long enough to spot a
troll when I see one. They're the same everywhere, not just this group.
I've even enjoyed doing some trolling in the past, so I'm talking from
experience here.

And it's not just your opinion on the sicknote issue, it's other things too.
E.g. your claim that people in Buckinghamshire shouldn't have a direct route
to Watford Jn. because it isn't the fastest route from London. (Or
something. I *still* don't understand what you were trying to say there.)

You make a habit of posting various opinions that no-one in their right mind
could share. Either you're stupid, or you're a deliberate troll. I'm
giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're not stupid. That's
more than Clive was prepared to to give you.

it seems that a lot of people on here have no problem with it. Which
sums up Britain today.

Would you have any problem with anyone working for another employer doing a
sickie? Of course not. You've probably done it yourself. We all do it.
So why the double standards in this case? What's so special that sickies
suddenly become a bad thing when the employee just happens to work for LUL?

But you can't answer that, can you? Why not? Because you *are* a troll,
and you don't really believe the nonsense you're talking. You're just
winding us up for fun. You might fool the others, but as an ex-troll
myself, I can see right through you. And you're not even a very good troll.
Sorry, but you're just not entertaining enough. Into the killfile with
you... **PLONK**