Old June 19th 16, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Paddington SPAD

In message , at 18:39:27
on Sat, 18 Jun 2016, remarked:

I see the unit was only rerailed this evening. What on earth took them so
long?

They needed to remove the OHL wires first, and I expect they can only do
that if the whole area is powered off, which they won't want to do if
half the station is still operating.

Another triumph for electrification! (They had to wait six weeks for an
engineering possession and the power off to rod the blocked drains in
the Gents on Ely's island platform a couple of years ago.)