Old June 20th 16, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Heaton[_4_] James Heaton[_4_] is offline

Default Underground quiz

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:00:47 +0100, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

In message 1101687669.488059905.773339.recliner.ng-
of Sun, 19 Jun 2016 20:31:44
in uk.transport.london, Recliner writes
James Heaton wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 10:32:49 +0100, "James Heaton"
wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
James Heaton wrote:

[snip]

What about Central Line to Shepherd's Bush, then LO to Imperial Wharf?
It should be about ten minutes quicker, though as it passes through
Zone 1, may be more expensive.

Thanks I may try that one next time I go.

It also occurs to me that you should change to the Central Line at
Liverpool St, not Stratford. That will be quicker, and will also mean
you're not restricted to an AGA train that stops at Stratford.

If I was aboard a Liverpool Street train stopping at Stratford and my
main concern was time, I would change at Stratford. The main line
service is surprisingly slow between those two stations. I've just
looked at a TfL rail service from Stratford, timed at 9 minutes.
The Underground also shows 9 minutes on the Journey Planner.

The TfL Rail services are much slower than direct Norwich services,
which are unlikely to stop at Stratford anyway.

As a rule of thumb half do - the xx00 departure from Norwich and and the
xx30 from London.

The xx30 from Nch and xx00 from London don't.

I'm never too worried about Stratford, knowing that I can x-platform or same
platform change at Colchester or Ipswich if I get there at the 'wrong' time
and there isn't a Norwich on the board.

James