Old June 26th 16, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default OOC plan to be reviewed by City Hall

Mizter T wrote:

On 23/06/2016 16:28, Recliner wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/-a3278981.html

Given events, I'd be in no certainty that HS2 is going to go ahead, and
the OOC development plans are tied in with that. Plus of course there's
the general economic uncertainty, or at least the distinct possibility
of such an atmosphere, which might mean little happens on such projects
for the next few years anyway. But nonetheless getting the framework
right for it is a good idea.

One thing that is very likely to change is the airport expansion plans. We
may have less need for airport expansion with the reduced economic growth
that is now likely, but in any case, if it's PM Boris, Heathrow won't be
getting the third runway (whereas Cameron/Osborne were probably all set to
approve it).

Osborne is the main proponent for the Northern Hub and HS3. Assuming he's
no longer the chancellor, and the tax revenues to pay for the rail
investment are in shorter supply, we can expect a slowdown there, too.

Eurostar may need additional Brussels services for the next three or four
years, but much less after that.