Old June 27th 16, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Maglev Elevator Also Goes Sideways, Straight Up Willy Wonka Style

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 00:48:02 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\06\24 23:44, wrote:
Another architecture firm seeking a bit of attention?

https://www.wired.com/2016/06/maglev...straight-willy
wonka-style/

Lifts that move in three dimensions is a very obvious idea, and I'm sure
most boys have had that idea by the age of 10. It's not at all clear how
magnets make it safe.

Yes, I'd be interested in seeing details of what backup systems they have
planned in event of a power cut. And if someone hacks the control system they
could cause absolute chaos.

--
Spud