Old June 27th 16, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Lifts List

Clive D.W. Feather wrote on 27 Jun 2016 at 21:48 ...
On 26/06/2016 18:02, David Walters wrote:
I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vertical.html is a start

With more details on http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vdetails.html

Clive, I note that you still claim that Angel has "allegedly the longest
escalators in Western Europe". Probably they have the highest rise
(27.39m), but the escalators from Heathrow Terminal 5 to the people
movers that serve the satellite terminals are said to be "the longest
open design escalator in Europe" (whatever that means), though with a
lesser rise of 21.75m.
http://www.kone.co.uk/references/GB-...AA-terminal-5/
http://www.ammonia21.com/web/assets/...fo_packnew.pdf

Offramp: You asked whether Chancery Lane still has the shortest
escalator. Clive's list shows Stratford as having two with 4.11m rises,
compared to Chancery Lane at 4.57m.

--
Richard J.