Old May 15th 04, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In message , Richard J.
writes

Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,
writes

Umm , perhaps if you'd read up on it you'd know that he's had over
200 sick days off in his "career" at LUL. I don't think many
people get anywhere close to that in their entire working lives.

The average UK worker clocks up 10 sick days a year - which works
out at considerably *more* than 200 sick days in an entire working
life.

But we are not talking about an entire working life.

boltar2003 was. In the part that you quoted you can see that he thought
that many people would not get anywhere close to 200 sick days in their
entire working lives. The average person will in fact take more than
twice that amount of time in sick leave.

He had clocked up 218 days' sickness in just 5 years.

Indeed. That is more than four times the average.

--
Paul Terry