Old May 15th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Richard J." wrote in message
Piccadilly Pilot wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,
writes

Umm , perhaps if you'd read up on it you'd know that he's had
over 200 sick days off in his "career" at LUL. I don't think many
people get anywhere close to that in their entire working lives.

The average UK worker clocks up 10 sick days a year - which works
out at considerably *more* than 200 sick days in an entire working
life.

But we are not talking about an entire working life. He had
clocked up 218 days' sickness in just 5 years.

Some of which is due to the injury in question. What is the figure
for the rest of his absence?

The reports I have seen don't make it clear whether the 218 sick days
include the absence due to his ankle injury, which was "several months"
until he was dismissed. An earlier absence of "several months" was due
to "insomnia".
--

So it could be that he has actually only been of twice in the five years
albeit for extended periods in both cases? IIRC when I broke my ankle I was