Old June 29th 16, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning SouthLondon

In article , (tim...)
wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

(tim...) wrote:

"Robin9" wrote in message

'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
;156544']Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no
longer moving to London, are any major schemes about to be
cancelled?

If disaster hits our country and the twerp Johnson becomes Prime
Minister, I imagine neither Heathrow nor Gatwick will be expanded.

The National Audit office has already suggested that HS2 should be
delayed, supposedly to reduce costs.

there are plenty here who think that vanity project will nor be
entirely missed

It's a lot more than a vanity project. There will be severe capacity
limitations on the WCML very soon now if it isn't built.

I suppose that is the problem of coming to a group where not
everybody has engaged in (an earlier) discussion on this subject
elsewhere

Whilst it is true that capacity problems might dictate that the best
solution is for a new two track railway between London and Trent
Valley junctions, plus (as separate requirements) rebuilding Euston
and the long promised Stafford cut off

the rest is a totally unnecessary vanity project

If High Speed Rail is a "vanity project" then why has most of the developed
world been adopting similar projects for decades?

--
Colin Rosenstiel