Old June 30th 16, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning

On 30/06/2016 10:01, d wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:47:41 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:
In terms of capacity, I realise there is freight and local services, but
is there really no scope for increasing the number of InterCity trains
north from Euston beyond 9/hour?

Obviously not or they'd have probably done it. AFAIK the real reason for HS2
is to free up paths on the WCML for freight though I guess this wouldn't play
too well with the public: "We need you lot to pay for this fancy train so
we can shift more containers. Soz"

--
Spud

And I presume that all paths are currently in use 24x7 (excepting
maintenance requirements) as most freight is only time-sensitive to the day.

Or are there further agreements not to upset the beauty sleep of those
who live next to the WCML for which we're now committing to building a
whole new railway?