Old July 2nd 16, 05:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jeremy Double Jeremy Double is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and

JNugent wrote:
On 02/07/2016 13:52, bob wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:52:09 on Sat, 2 Jul
2016, d remarked:
The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights

To be part of the EU you have to uphold said convention. Now we're leaving
that no longer applies.

Wrong. It applies as long as we are members of the Council of Europe. A
completely different body.

It's not wrong in that it is an EU requirement. The EU requirement isn't
the only reason it is required, though. Given that we wrote it, though, it
would seem rather inappropriate not to conform to it.

Whether we are conforming to it should be a matter only for British courts.

No, that's decided by the European Court of Human Rights (nothing to do
with the EU, by the way)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...f_Human_Rights

Of course, the Labour government made decisions about compliance with the
Convention a matter for the British courts, so fewer cases from Britain go
to the European Court of Human Rights now.

--
Jeremy Double