Old May 15th 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default South Side of Vauxhall Bridge

On Fri, 14 May 2004 at 20:59:33, Richard J.
wrote:

John Nuts wrote:
I can't make head or tail of what the metal construction on the
south side of Vauxhall bridge, near the MI6 building, is? It shows
this metal construction pointing upwards, WHAT ON EARTH IS IT?

I've been meaning to ask the same question myself. I think it's a
Network Rail initiative, based on a visit to Alton Towers. If you
emerge from Vauxhall NR station grumbling about the state of the track,
they say "If you think that was bad, just wait till you try out our new
ride ..."

Isn't it some sort of new bus station? But goodness knows what the
architect thought - I used to go past every day, but now it's only once
in a blue moon, and I nearly had a fit, last time!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004