Old May 15th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Croxley Link progress

On 13 May 2004, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Tom Anderson wrote:
On 13 May 2004, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Tom Anderson wrote:
Ken's obviously adopted my master-plan to flood the Underground and
convert it into a subsurface canal network.

Hmm - what about the differences in height?

Locks, my dear fellow, locks!

I still think my submarine idea holds more water (ahem). LU (or would
that be LSC?) could attract driv... er, captains with the slogan, "Be
London's Captain Nemo".

"PLEASE STAND BACK FROM THE PLATFORM EDGE. NO RUNNING, DIVING OR PETTING."

At any rate, this certainly gives the Waterloo & City Line's nickname a
new meaning.

I wonder if an extension to Clapton Pond could be arranged.

Note that my plan also radically improves cycle routes - the canals would
all have towpaths!

tom

--
The burger place at the bottom of the Cowley road has a menu numbered from 1-80, but you can order up to 120 -- Dave Sheldon