Old July 12th 16, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:33:58 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:48:22 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

Does anyone know how the trial of wireless charging on the route 69 is
coming along?

Short answer - no.

Longer answer - after a wobbly start and poor vehicle availability the
3 buses are now in regular daily use. I've not seen definitive
comment as to whether a charging pad has been installed at Canning
Town. There is definitely one at Walthamstow and the buses charge up
on it.

There has been no commentary in any TfL reports in recent weeks about
the trial. There is also a long gap until the next "Panel" meetings -
presumably because a new TfL board is in the process of being
appointed.

TfL trials on buses seem to go on for years then nothing happens. I occasionally
still see the hydrogen buses drifting around Southwark - how long has that
"trial" been going on now? 5 years if not more?

--
Spud