Old July 12th 16, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark[_2_] Mark[_2_] is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 09:28:12 UTC+1, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:37:58 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I assume this means the rear platform doors will now always be closed
between stops, obviating one of the (small) benefits of this vehicle?

It obviates the only remaining benefit given their hybrid systems seem to be a
miserable failure too. Hopefully in 10 years or so they'll be sold on and
some standard buses - whether hybrid or pure electric who knows - will be
bought instead for considerably less.

I hope they disappear sooner than that. At least supposedly no more are being
built, although I can't find a reference for that right now.

Who'd buy one though? Plenty of ex-London buses have ended up elsewhere, often
with the middle door removed. Where would want some over-long greenhouses with
not just one unwanted door but two, and an unwanted staircase too!

Everything about them is awful. I can't think of a single redeeming feature.