Old July 13th 16, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 13:12:47 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:56:06 on Wed, 13 Jul
2016, d remarked:
If you've got a family and rent/mortgage to pay you can no longer
afford to have a job in construction (for example)

I thought plumbers were paid quite well.

I was talking more building sites.

New buildings need plumbing too.

You know what I mean. Digger operators, brickies, concrete layers etc.

Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsburys have entirely white English staff as far
as I can tell. Although the most usual language you'll hear from
customers, in Tesco at least, is Polish.

Probably depends on the locale.

Pubs and coffee shops seem to be split between those who employ almost
entirely eastern Europeans, and those who employ almost entirely
English. It's striking enough that it has to be some sort of policy,
rather than just random.

Could be, though it would have to be unofficial for obvious reasons.

--
Spud