Old July 14th 16, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:30:10 +0100
On 2016-07-14 08:26:59 +0000, d said:

The german stores, particularly Lidl remind me of UK supermarkets in the
1970s. Slightly shabby and with vacuum packed produce that looks about as
natural as an essex blonde.

And small enough that you can get round in 20 minutes.

Though FWIW I've given up supermarket shopping - delivery is a
wonderful thing. Which is kind-of going full circle back to the time
before there even *were* supermarkets.

The few times we tried it it actually took longer to shop online than actually
do it in the shop. Though we're lucky and live within walking distance of
a supermarket. I imagine for people in villages and small towns its a godsend.
The only problem is you have to rely on someone at the depot to pick you
fruit and veg that isn't unripe/overipe/damaged which apparently isn't always
the case according to some friends.

--
Spud