Old July 14th 16, 08:54 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London Orange?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:14:44 on Sat, 2 Jul 2016,
tim... remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:10:48 on Fri, 1 Jul 2016,
tim... remarked:

So Farage's infamous poster had no effect at all? What a waste of
his money.

Which of Farage's posters said "Vote leave and the queues of people
trying to *illegally* enter Britain will disappear?"

The one you claimed not to have seen.

why do you doubt that claim?

I don't doubt the claim, I'm just a bit surprised that someone who is
therefore so out of touch with current affairs feels his opinions should
be taken seriously.

you are being ridiculous

I didn't see the picture, so what?

I did see all the media coverage of it

how does that make me out of touch?

As I said before - one picture is worth 1000 words, and you are clearly
vastly underestimating its impact on the vote.

You have proof of that statement do you?

No, I thought not - you made it up.

I don't believe for one minute that one poster that was shown for one day
made a significant impact on the result.

(I'll give you that the 350 million pound to the NHS poster might have done,
but that poster was show/discussed for the complete duration of the
campaign)

Brexit is all about legal immigrants, the people queuing up at Calais
are illegals

Er, no. Brexit is also about (or so the leave voters were told)
reducing legal immigrants,

Yeah, that's what I said

as well as being able to come down harder on illegal immigrants.

Oh no it's not

See the poster dear Liza.

The discussion was on Brexit's (expected) impact on immigration

see above "Brexit is all about legal immigrants"

Not what the poster said.

It has been claimed many times that some of the posters bore no
relationship to the (overall) argument (often with reason). Why have you
suddenly decided that one of the posters (and the one that got the most
flack) should be taken at face value just because it suits your minuscule
little debating point.

I'm not sure what debating point that is - but it's undeniable that the
main driver for the Leave campaign was immigration,

As seems to have been accepted by the Remainers on the discussion on last
weekend's Sunday Pol (which I have just caught up with)

and not something that I have specifically denied

I think they thought "leave" meant "now all the EU immigrants have to
leave".

Only a small percentage are claiming that

the majority understood it did not mean that

tim