Old July 14th 16, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Murray Graham Murray is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

d writes:

The few times we tried it it actually took longer to shop online than actually
do it in the shop. Though we're lucky and live within walking distance of
a supermarket. I imagine for people in villages and small towns its a godsend.
The only problem is you have to rely on someone at the depot to pick you
fruit and veg that isn't unripe/overipe/damaged which apparently isn't always
the case according to some friends.

Not only the pickers but also the packers (and possibly delivery
drivers). Things can easily be squashed in the crates, and things which
clearly labelled "keep upright" arrive on their side. Frozen food can be
left out of the freezer for too long and partially thaw and
refreeze[1].

[1] Evidenced, for example, by frozen clumps of peas or beans in the bag.