Old May 15th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

(I apologize in advance if this is duplicated; my mail tool crashed
unexpectedly when I sent the message).

Annabel Smyth wrote:
On Thu, 13 May 2004 at 14:24:36, Dominic wrote:

Many posts in this group mention that actually, ALL Oyster users have
validate their cards to avoid an unresolved journey. My question is,
why did LU/Transys print those misleading Pre Pay users only notices?

I don't think that's altogether true, though. As a Travelcard holder, I
don't have to swipe in and out on the DLR, and I can't between Streatham
and Blackfriars, as there's nowhere to do so - but my ticket is
perfectly valid, nevertheless. I wouldn't swipe in at Kenny O, simply
because I don't think I'd need to... after all, I don't at Bank, if I'm
changing from the DLR there, as sometimes happens, and no problem the
other end.

So you don't touch a validator when you enter or exit a DLR station,
even if you previously went through a gateline?

Brad