Old July 16th 16, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and

wrote in message
In article , d () wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:31:24 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:12:20 on Fri, 15 Jul
2016, tim... remarked:
A recent opinion poll showed about 2 supporting remaining in the
single market

so why did they vote to leave then?

what have they gained if we just sign straight back up to the single
market paying in 250 million pounds per week (and getting no subsidies
back)

Nothing. That's the tragedy.

Hopefully they'll forget all about the free trade area, we'll pay tarifs
and be done with it. I don't want any ties to that corrupt beaurocracy.

See you in the dole queue, then.

I thought you were retired (or close enough for it not to matter)

It's TRADE that pays our wages and
pensions. The more the better.

The EU is an ever diminishing percentage of World trade.

Yes, it's easier to trade with the EU, but it's a dead-end street.

To get growth we need to trade with ROW and the vested interests of 27 other
counties make signing up trade deals glacial.

It won't happen overnight, but the long term trading prospects for the UK
should be better off outside, there are plenty of business people on the
Leave camp who see it that way, just not the economists who are incapable of
looking outside of the model that they have constructed that doesn't model
the real business opportunities of leaving (because no-one has done it so
there is no data to make the model with).

If the UK loses bank passporting then half the London banking business
will
go

Ah, shame!

(good to see you admit that it's only half, there are many claiming all,
which is utter nonsense)

and with it the taxes that pay for our services.

well we'll just have to cut down on vanity projects then, wont we?

(FTAOD, that includes the unaffordable ever increasing nil-band tax rate,
which however socially desirable is a fiscal nonsense)

tim