Old July 16th 16, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Awful journey planners

"Clive Page" wrote in message
Someone I know wants to go tomorrow (Sunday) from Luton Airport Parkway
station to Deptford. Trains to Deptford go from Cannon Street calling at
London Bridge. So this is a pretty simple journey, really, and there seem
to be three reasonable routes:

(1) LTN to West Hampstead, then Jubilee line to London Bridge.

(2) LTN to St. Pancras, then Northern Line to London Bridge.

(3) LTN to Blackfriars, then Circle/District line to Cannon Street.

Without checking lots of timetables I was not sure which would be fastest,
so I thought I would try the two main online journey planners.

The National Rail planner suggested (for a return journey) using a
Super-off-peak Zone 1-6 London One-day Travelcard [such a snappy name]

You're lucky you can get that:

From my local station the out boundary TC is only available as a (3 pound
ish) add on to the Normal Off peak fare, qualify for the Super Off peak
(based upon time of travel) and you have to buy a full priced TC on arrival
(use Oyster etc).

*******s

tim