Old July 16th 16, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning SouthLondon

wrote in message
In article , (tim...)
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 10:19:40 on Fri, 15 Jul
2016, tim... remarked:
If, as I fear, Mrs. May is willing to accept free movement
in exchange for free access,

ISTM that the team she has put in place will not accept this.

The EU really has its head in the sand over this. It really does seem
to think that we will roll over and ask to have our tummy tickled. The
sooner it gets to understand that we wont, the better it will be for
everyone (UK/EU/ROW). It really does need to offer sensible
concessions
on FoM or I think that our negotiators really will walk away.

In which case it's "hello WTO". Is that what you want?

as per my earlier post:

The threat of that solution should make the EU see some sense, as
they have as much to lose from that solution as we do.

This mantra that they cry "free trade requires free movement" is
patent nonsense as they have agreed a free trade agreement with
Canada that doesn't have free movement. They are not intrinsically
linked in any way at all except in the minds of a few ideological
nutcases.

The situation has become intolerable for a large percentage of the
population.

What situation?

Influx of immigrants.

I can see you missed your vocation in an earlier age to be a colonial
administrator.

I'm only telling you what's in the newspapers as you seem to have missed it.

tim