Old May 16th 04, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dave F dave   F is offline

Default Old Angel Station

David Baxter wrote in message
Does anyone know what's going on with the Old Angel Station?

Last time I was there, there was some sort of building work going on

inside
with some sort of odd boarding put up around the outside.

Are the old parts of the station still accessible from somewhere within

the
new station? (Obviously not for public access...)

I ask, cos I used to use that station a lot 17 years ago quite regularly
with my mother (when I was 5!) , and just about remember the three old

lift
shafts - two newer lifts and an old old old lift...

Does anyone have any pics / info (particularly pics!) of the station at

that
time? I used to get my mother to go on the old lift because it was old and
creaked and rattled a lot, and wouldn't mind seeing just what it looked
like.

I've taken a look at http://www.abandonedstations.co.uk/, which brings

back
some of those memories, but I'm still after more...

Cheers,
Dave
---
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

---

some where in my loft I've got an old BBC documentary about the station
before it was modernised.