Old July 17th 16, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Bestley[_2_] Mark Bestley[_2_] is offline

Default Awful journey planners

Clive Page wrote:

Someone I know wants to go tomorrow (Sunday) from Luton Airport Parkway
station to Deptford. Trains to Deptford go from Cannon Street calling
at London Bridge. So this is a pretty simple journey, really, and there
seem to be three reasonable routes:

(1) LTN to West Hampstead, then Jubilee line to London Bridge.

(2) LTN to St. Pancras, then Northern Line to London Bridge.

(3) LTN to Blackfriars, then Circle/District line to Cannon Street.

Without checking lots of timetables I was not sure which would be
fastest, so I thought I would try the two main online journey planners.

I appreciate that journey planning is a complex job, but it seems to me
that the current examples do a rather poor job even in fairly simple
cases. Does anyone know of any better journey planners out there?

Travellink South East gives only one journet with fast walk and that is
your number one route taking 75-6 minutes

Average walk makes these 87-9 miunutes but adds some longer ones
Thaneslink to Elephant and Castel then bus to New Cross then 10 mins
walk - taking 106 mins
and a 99 min journey LTN-StaPancras-KX-Northerm to Bank- DLR to
Cutty Sark- Bus to Deptford

A slow walk gives 1 as 93-102 mins but adds 3 (change at Farringdon not
Blackfriars ie the oyjer way round the circle ) as 94 mins

So depends on how fast you walk and there are more rouyes than you
yjought of and only 1 actually competes.

--
Mark