Old July 17th 16, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

In article , d ()
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:56:07 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:01:36 on Sat, 16 Jul
2016,
d remarked:

I thought Khan only wanted to extend the clean air zone to the north
and south circulars, not the cc zone:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...an-to-double-s

ize-londons-clean-air-zone-pollution

Thats even worse since anyone who lives inside the north circ and has a
car older than 10 years (I think) won't be able to drive it!

It's a fee for any diesel that doesn't meet the emission standards
introduced ten years ago. Older ones might, if the manufacturers fitted
a compliant engine earlier than absolutely necessary.

There are a lot of cars owned by people living in inner london that are
more than 10 years old, usually because they can't afford a newer one. So
all Kahns policy will achieve is to push the lesser well off off the
roads if they can't afford his tax. Sorry, fee.

I imagine if it is introduced the fines will simply be ignored and
the courts will end up with a backlog of so many cases they'll simply
dump the lot and ask
him to rethink.

Since they're also the main victims of the excessive pollution, it seems
more reasonable than some taxes.

--
Colin Rosenstiel