Old July 17th 16, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth[_3_] Peter Smyth[_3_] is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

d wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 20:14:57 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Yes, it seems car drivers seem to be the cause of all traffic ills

in London when if you look at the average central london traffic
jam it usually
consists
of buses, taxis & minicabs. Which is probably why Kahn wants to

extend the congestion charge to the north circular (hopefully
exclusive, not inclusive). I have no problem restricting cars in
the central area, but taking it that far out is just taking the
**** and simply a cynical money raising scheme.

I thought Khan only wanted to extend the clean air zone to the
north and south circulars, not the cc zone:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-double-size-l
ndons-clean-air-zone-pollution

Thats even worse since anyone who lives inside the north circ and has
a car older than 10 years (I think) won't be able to drive it!

Under the current plans, residents will have an extra 3 years (until
2023) to comply with the emissions standards.

Peter Smyth