Old July 17th 16, 10:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 andTurning South London Orange?

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:22:57 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message

I want us to be able to trade with our European neighbours. But I also
want us to have absolute control of our borders so we can limit the
numbers of non-UK people that we allow in

The UK is not in Schengen, so it has control over its borders already.

No we don't

in Schengen or otherwise, EU rules

EEA rules.

forbid us from excluding entry for
another EU citizen except in very exceptional circumstances. If someone has
an EU passport,

Valid EEA ID card or passport.

they are in, end of.

The (usual) reasons for wanting to exclude someone:

Failing to produce the above.

we don't think that you have sufficient means to support yourself whilst
here

or

you are a habitual criminal

Not so simple. The first on the list [Border Force Operations Manual
4.1] is "Public policy and security" which would allow exclusion (e.g.
for extremists whether political or religious) without a criminal
record being required or disallow exclusion (even for "habitual"
criminals) if the action would be disproportionate. To balance this,
the UK's own habitual criminals have to be suffered by the rest of the
EEA.

are not exceptional reasons

If it doesn't use that, it's not the EU's fault.

It doesn't use it because the right doesn't exist.

tim