Old July 18th 16, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 09:33:07 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
(tim...)
wrote:
do you really think that, in the long term, they are going to be
excluded from cross country research projects because of some
political argy bargy?

Yes. You just don't understand what the lack of free movement means in terms
of the hassle involved in getting people from abroad involved, do you?

Indeed. Isn't it a good thing India is part of the EU otherwise where would
all the cheap IT staff come from. Oh, wait...

Instead of just working with the best people in the field you have to jump
through so many hoops that most people won't bother. Look at the situation
40 years ago.

Where's my violin... Unless they're looking for the next Stephen Hawking, if
companies and organisations can't find suitable people out of a population of
65 million then they're doing something wrong. Having worked (and currently
working) in companies with a large number of foreign nationals I can safely say
that NONE of them have any skills I would consider unique or even rare in the
UK and in a number of cases they were ****ing useless and I wondered how they
ever got hired. However they are in the main prepared to work for lower
salaries which is probably not a coincidence.

--
Spud