Old July 18th 16, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:56:07 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:01:36 on Sat, 16 Jul
2016, d remarked:

I thought Khan only wanted to extend the clean air zone to the north and
south circulars, not the cc zone:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...to-double-size
ndons-clean-air-zone-pollution

Thats even worse since anyone who lives inside the north circ and has a
car
older than 10 years (I think) won't be able to drive it!

It's a fee for any diesel that doesn't meet the emission standards
introduced ten years ago. Older ones might, if the manufacturers fitted
a compliant engine earlier than absolutely necessary.

There are a lot of cars owned by people living in inner london that are
more
than 10 years old, usually because they can't afford a newer one.

I've got a car from 06, it's worth perhaps 1200 pounds.

how much cheaper than that do you expect to get (and still get a car that
reliably starts every time you want it to?)

tim